It’s been a while since I did a Tag so I decided to look for one with interesting questions and I decided on this on..
The Ultimate Book Tag!!
Sounds impressive doesn’t it 😉
1) Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, and I’m soooo happy because I love reading in the car. Not that I do very often, I only pick up my book if I know that it’ll take us a while to get to where we’re going. I can’t read for just 15 minutes, makes me feel like I haven’t read anything at all..
2) Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I love John Green’s style. In TFIOS he wrote an honest Hazel, who you really believe but he still manages to insert beautifully constructed lines, almost poetry, without it breaking up the story. Does that make sense?
3) Harry Potter or Twilight? (+3 points to defend your answer)
Uhm.. Can’t believe this is really a question.. Harry Potter!! Duh..
2) Not only are the characters better written… there’s also the matter of the story. Twilight is pretty much romance (and crying) and a liiiiiittle bit of action, Harry Potter is full of twists and turns, friendship, honor, life and death and love that actually means something.. I mean… Always…
3) Do you want to live in a world where vampire sparkle or a world with magic?
I mean.. really?
4) Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (beside books..)?
No book bag, I usually stuff a book in my purse. What’s in my purse? Well a wallet, my phone, keys, diary,… the usual..
5) Do you smell your books?
Yes, I’m a book smeller.. Did you know that there’s a perfume that is said to smell like books.. Can anyone tell me if it actually does?
6) Books with or without little illustrations?
I think it depends on the book. I don’t mind illustrations as long as they add something to the story or if they are ridiculously beautiful.
7) What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I don’t really know what to say here so I’ll write down the first thing that comes to mind. The Hunger Games. I loved, loved, loved the first book.. the second one was good but I fought my way through the last one. There were just too many things that happened of which I still don’t understand if they were truly necessary.. Just.. why?
8) Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please Share!
When I was 15, I got my first summer job. It consisted of selling ice cream and waffles in a little secluded corner of a restaurant. It rained the whole month I was there so I read 15 books.. Yup.. Is that funny? I’m not sure.. but it’s true..
9) What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The old man and the sea by Ernest Hemingway with 104 pages.
10) What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The one I’m reading right now. Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin with 749 pages.
11) Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself being an author in the future?
I wish! I get a lot of ideas for stories and I get really exited so I start doing research and stuff and then as time goes by I lose interest or find something else to be exited about. I hope that one day I can just write and be happy with what I’m writing..
12) When did you get into reading?
My mom read to me when I was little and I remember learning to write and read. So I guess my answer has to be, when I learned how to read.
13) What is your favorite classic book?
The Great Gatsby by Scott F. Fitzgerald. I also loved To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
14) In school what was your best subject?
English. I loved (and still love) English. We only started learning English when I was 13 and I just fell in love. Maybe this sounds weird to people who speak English on a daily basis but it’s such a beautiful language. I think I was 16 when I picked up my first English novel (because I wanted to, not because it was on a reading list). I asked my teacher if I could borrow her copy of Dracula that same year…
15) If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated.. what would you do?
I would exchange it and probably even say that I didn’t like it. People who would buy me books know that I read a lot. I would always thank them for going out there and buying me a book, I mean I wouldn’t be rude or anything but since most of those people would probably be friends of mine, I would just be honest.
16) What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Uhm.. don’t really have an answer to this one.. I guess Divergent is similar to the Hunger Games.. Other than that, no idea.. sorry..
17) What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don’t film, I can’t stand the way my voice sounds when it’s been recorded.. I would love to start a YouTube channel one day but right now I know that I don’t have enough time to really do it right.
18) What is your favorite word?
I like ‘Eloquence’ and ‘Epiphany’ and ‘Labyrinth’..
19) Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I would say a nerd.. I get very exited about details in books or movies and then I have to know all there is to know about that one specific thing..
20) Vampires or Fairies?
Vampires.. (Not counting Twilight) From ‘Interview with the vampire’ (Lestat..) to the more up-to-date versions like The Originals (Klaus.. yummm), I like them all ;). They are so bad-ass…
21) Shapeshifters or Angels?
Uhm.. probably Angels?
22) Spirits or Werewolves?
23) Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires! At least they’re good looking and you can have a conversation.. Zombies are always missing parts and I don’t know but I guess that all that rotting flesh has to get really smell..
24) Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love, but only if they end up together in the end..
25) AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Phew.. I choooooooose.. action-packed with a few love scenes. If it’s only romance all of the time, is it still a good story? I mean, it’s possible, but I think that when there are only a couple of scenes, the author has to make them count which makes them better? No? I don’t know..
And that is it!
I made it 🙂 wow that was harder than I thought it was going to be.
Do you agree with my answers, what are your favorite words? Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb?
Let me know in the comment section below!
I will see you soon!