I like cake… almost as much as I like books.
Doing this Tag was just meant to happen.
Let’s jump in.
1) Flour – A book that was a little bit slow to start off but that really picked up as it went along.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Until about half way through, I wasn’t getting why everyone liked this book but then the twist happened and I read the second half in one go.
2) Margarine – A book that had a really rich and great plot.
Life after Life by Kate Atkinson. The story about a girl who when she dies, gets to live her life over again and make different decisions. I loved this book and would recommend it to everyone. If you liked the Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, you’ll probably like this.
3) Eggs – A book that you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable.
The Infernal Devices series. I’m reading the last book now and I’m enjoying it immensely. I don’t know why I thought that I wouldn’t like them but I’m so glad that I was wrong!
4) Sugar – A sugary/sweet book.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. Sugary and sweet is the perfect way to describe this book. It made me feel warm and fuzzy afterwards. It’s just so damn CUTE 🙂
5) Icing – A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc.).
The Martian by Andy Weir. Not only is the main character super sarcastic, he’s also very smart. I enjoyed the science, the action and the snarky comments. A very enjoyable read!
6) Sprinkles – A book series that you can kind of turn to for a little pick me up when you’re feeling down.
Harry Potter, because… well… It’s Harry Potter…
7) The cherry on top – Your favorite book this year so far.
How can I not say The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. I adored this book. I have no idea why this one touched me like it did but I just want to read it again and again and again.
And there you have it, a little insight into some of my favourite books. I’m busy drafting my top 5 books of 2015 and I’m finding it very difficult.
What are some of your favourite reads of the year?